Sculpture Final Project Update: Blender for Dummies
Sculpture Final Project Update
This week I downloaded blender and began watching a few tutorials. I figured the first thing that I would want to learn is the key commands. I knew that it would be a challenge to go from my typical Illustrator and Photoshop over to Blender. Especially if the keys are way off. I will be working with blender primarily on my Mac and most of the tutorials have stated that their are a series of mouse clicks that help while building. That will be interesting considering Macs have personal click selections (Ex. right click is a two finger touch on the pad or control click).
Here is a list of Hotkeys and what they do in Blender.
KEY || Function
This week I downloaded blender and began watching a few tutorials. I figured the first thing that I would want to learn is the key commands. I knew that it would be a challenge to go from my typical Illustrator and Photoshop over to Blender. Especially if the keys are way off. I will be working with blender primarily on my Mac and most of the tutorials have stated that their are a series of mouse clicks that help while building. That will be interesting considering Macs have personal click selections (Ex. right click is a two finger touch on the pad or control click).
Here is a list of Hotkeys and what they do in Blender.
N U M E R I C
1 (One) || Front View
Ctrl+1 || Back View
2 (Two) || Rotate View Up
Ctrl+2 || Pan View Up
Ctrl+1 || Back View
2 (Two) || Rotate View Up
Ctrl+2 || Pan View Up
3 (Three) || Left Side View
Ctrl+3 || Right Side View
4 (Four) || Rotate View Left
Ctrl+4 || Pan View Left
5 (Five) || Toggle Perspective, "Orthographic View"
6 (Six) || Rotate View Right
Ctrl+6 || Pan View Right
7 (Seven) || Top View
Ctrl+7 || Bottom View
8 (Eight) || Rotate View Down
Ctrl+8 || Pan View Down
9 (Nine) || Redraw Screen
0 (Zero) || Camera View
Ctrl+Alt+0 || Set Camera to Viewpoint
/ (Forward Slash) || Toggle Local View
. (Period) || Zoom on Selection
+ (Plus) || Zoom Into View
K E Y B O A R D
KEY || Function
A || Toggle Select All/None
Alt+A || Play Animation in View
Shift+A || Show Add Menu
C || Circle (Brush) Select
Shift+D || Duplicate
Alt+D || Linked Duplicate
E (Edit Mode) || Extrude
F (Edit Mode) || Create Face/Edge
G || Grab/Move
Alt+G || Clear Location
H || Hide Selected
Alt+H || Reveal All
I || Insert Keyframe
Ctrl+J || Join Selected Objects
L(Edit Mode) || Select Linked Verticals
Shift+L (Edit Mode) || Deselect Linked Verticals
M || Move Selection to layer
Ctrl+M || Mirror Selection
N || Show Properties Region
Ctrl+N || New Blender Session
Ctrl+N(Edit Mode) || Calculate Normals Outside
O (Edit Mode) || Enable Proportional Editing
P(Edit Mode) || Separate to New Object
Ctrl+P || Make Parent
Alt+P || Clear Parent
R || Rotate
Alt+R || Clear Rotation
S || Scale
Alt+S || Clear Scale
U (Edit Mode) || Unwrap Mesh
V || Toggle Vertex Paint Mode
W (Edit Mode) || Specials Menu
Ctlr+S || Save File
X || Delete Selection
Clrl+Z || Undo
Ctlr+Shift+Z || Redo
Spacebar || Show Search Menu
Shift+Spacebar || Maximize Editor Area
Ctrl+Spacebar || Toggle Manipulator
Alt+Spacebar || Change Manipulator Orientation
Tab || Toggle Edit Mode
Shift+Tab || Toggle Snapping
List created from a series of youtube videos and cross checked with Blender for Dummies.
Comments
Post a Comment